June 30, 2008

What inspires you to be creative?


What inspires you to be creative in your artwork and/or crafts?


For me, nature is a constant source of inspiration. Many trees fascinate me, as do cloud formations.

Even though I live in Brooklyn, I am lucky enough to live on a tree-lined street and I choose to walk places where there are tree-lined streets. Also, I live very close to a large and beautiful park!

Wherever I travel I sketch and photograph trees and landscape settings.

My imagination is probably the largest source of inspiration for my artwork, since everything I draw and paint is imaginary, even though it is initially based on phenomena in nature.

Here is a drawing I created very recently, that is loosely based on bare trees I have seen in nature and in photographs:


What are your sources of inspiration for your creations???



by

Nina Kuriloff

No comments: