May 7, 2009

A Mom's Picks From The SHC

More Mom card from warpedesign

Being the Mom of a large and very active family, I only have two days where I can be "Queen for the Day". One of them is Mother's Day. It is one of the only days where I get to do whatever I want, unencumbered by cooking, laundry, carpooling, homework monitoring, cleaning, or any of the other 1,001 daily Mom duties.

Though teenagers really will turn your hair gray, I still love nothing more than spending time with my family - the reason I am a mom. This year, my two daughters and I will be doing the bridge and tunnel hurdles to spend the afternoon shopping at the Spring Handmade Cavalcade at the Bell House, featuring many great vendors from the {NewNew}. Maybe a little birdie can drop off this Mother's Day wish list to my kids!

Some fashion and some bling...

Montage Design Tee by Kimmchi
Cutout Earrings by AdornmentsNYC
Shadow Necklace by WishbyFelicity

For my writing, sketching and doodling obsessions...

Corner Blossom Flat Notes by Fubabee
Spring Embroidered Flowers Journal by JournalisticTendency
Gocco printed Bicycle Journal by BlueStitchBooks
Spring Floral Magnets by Waisze

Cool things for our family meals...
Mimi Dinner Plates by MayLuk
Sydney Napkins in Blue Flowers by Cakehouse

And for when I pretend that I am spending the day at the spa...
Sweet Mandarin Lime Body Butter by Nordeasoaperie
Tea and Cucumber Soap by Dirtylovesclean
If any of you see my sons or daughters, please send this little wish list birdie their way. And join these great vendors this weekend at the Spring Handmade Cavalcade at the Bell House, Gowanus, Brooklyn. Oh, and please remember your mother.
Beth

No comments: