July 30, 2009

Craft in Bermuda

This summer, I decided to do something for vacation that I've never done before. Ok, so it's not terribly uncommon on the whole, but for me, it is absolutely uncommon. You see I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal - don't like being cooped up in any one place on a trip. I'd rather explore on land, and see and meet the locals, than be on an invisible leash. But not this time. This time I went on a cruise.

4 days out to sea, and 3 days in Bermuda. I won't bore you with the details because all I really want you to know about is this:

A little shop called Dockyard Glassworks. The shop is conveniently located within walking distance of where the cruise ships dock (I know what you're thinking: "tourist trap"!)

Ten years ago, the owners of Dockyard Glassworks decided to collaborate in order to open their art glass business. Since then, they have been producing art glass for sale locally and to export.

Perhaps the best thing about Dockyard Glassworks is not only the unique items for sale, but rather that you can watch the glass artisans at work! For more info, visit http://www.dockglass.com/



by Lorina Pellach-Ladrillono of The Original Beadscarf and beadscarf.etsy.com

2 comments:

Designs by Blanche said...

Cool~! Thanks for sharing with us - I will put this info in Wish List!

Cassidy | Dhara Holistics said...

I love this shop! Bermuda is fantastic, we've been there several times.

I wrote this article for the Storque last year!
http://www.etsy.com/storque/handmade-life/etsy-world-tour-bermuda-with-lusciousnaturals-1977/

:)