September 10, 2010

Around the Corner: Chicago, Ferris Bueller Style


Okay, so Chicago isn't exactly around the corner, but it's someplace I visited for the first time last weekend on an impromptu road trip, and it was much closer than I thought.  Time on the road including breaks from NYC: 11 hours.  Albeit, the mister was driving the entire time, which may explain why it took a couple hours less than what was estimated on the navigation system.

As some of you know, Chicago is where the classic John Hughes' movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off took place.  I had the pleasure of behaving like an absolute tourist and visited some of the locations featured in the film.



Exhibit B: Atop the Skydeck at Willis Tower, formerly known as the Sears Tower


And Exhibit C: Wrigley Field, the home of the Chicago Cubs

Overall, I enjoyed Chicago very much.  The Windy City has so many things to do -- shopping galore on magnificent mile, historical speakeasies, blues clubs, eating deep dish pizzas, and more.

And thank you for joining me this week -- next time I promise to take it back closer to home. ;)

Until next time, 






1 comment:

Karina Glaser said...

My hometown! Thanks for sharing all those great attractions!