June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day! (A little late, but worth the wait!)

So happy belated Father's Day!  For all the fathers, father figures, soon-to-be fathers, and yes, even fathers of pets, I hope it was a lovely day for you this past weekend.  I enjoyed a day with my boyfriend and our wonder pup, Watson, upstate New York visiting a few amazing places I highly recommend:
 The Rail Trail in New Paltz

Robibero Vineyards (a pet-friendly winery)

 The Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park -- also pet-friendly

 And finally finishing off the day eating at a pet-friendly restaurant, Gigi, in Rhinebeck with some lovely outdoor seating and delicious Mediterranean fare made exclusively from local farms.

Definitely a fun day that we all enjoyed -- and an itinerary I recommend for anyone visiting the Hudson Valley area!

Also, as I strongly believe that single days like Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Valentine's Day should really be celebrated everyday, here are some handmade gifts your dad would enjoy all year-round (in case you're running a little behind like me ;).
Weekly Planner  Hand woven Black Satin Ribbon
PriaVanda -- Weekly Planner
Rain Hat in Gray Cotton with Red Top Stitch - L
Rocks and Salt -- Rain Hat
Bike Flask
Citibitz -- Bike Flask
Graphic T shirt silkscreen printed (Chupa Cabra) Mens White - M
Kimmchi -- Silkscreen Printed Chupa Cabra T-Shirt

Mens sterling round diamond cut cufflinks swivelback Father's Day gift
Metalicious -- Sterling Round Diamond Cut Cufflinks

Warm wishes to all the dads out there -- and a huge hug to my dad!!  You're the best and thank you for all that you do.


wendy said...

ohh, makes me want to visit the rail trail in new paltz!


KimmChi said...

Yay, thanks for featuring my Chupa Cabra shirt! Dad's do love it :)

Karina said...

Love these gift selections!