December 8, 2011

Trimming the Tree

Can someone please tell me how it's December already? Didn't we just celebrate the fourth of July? I'm not complaining though because I love the holidays - and I love decorating for them even more! I put on the some holiday music (currently toggling between Glee's holiday album and A very She & Him Christmas, light my mistletoe candle (my tiny NY apartment can't accommodate a real size tree sadly) and get decorating!

This year I decided to make my tree a little more personal and make poloroid photo frame ornaments. This way I cam be reminded each day of the people and things that make the holidays great!

Making these ornamens is easy and a fun family activity that even the young set of kids can get involved with.

Ornament Supplies!
All you need is:
  • White Felt Fabric 
  • glue 
  • Ribbon 
  • Photos 
  • Scissors 
  • Measuring tape 

To make the ornaments cut the felt into 3.5 x 4.5 inch rectangles. For each ornament you will need two pieces. In the front piece, cut out a 2.5"x2.5" square 1/2 inch from the top and the sides. There should be more space on the bottom of the piece so it looks like a poloroid.

Cut a pice of ribbon long enough to hang the ornament from your tree. Mine was about 5 or 6 inches long.

Leave one side glue free!

Next flip over the felt and place glue on three sides - the top, one side and the bottom. Take the piece of ribbon you cut and place both ends on the top part of the ornament on the glue. Put a little more glue on the ribbon ends and then attach the back piece of felt.

Cut your photographs slightly larger than the hole (about 3" x 3") and slide them in in the side that is not glued. Hang and enjoy!


Happy Holidays from Kelley!
Kelley Gudahl Photography

No comments: