May I introduce: Madame Aubergine, the adorable pea-pod triplets Henri, Jaques, and Felix, Grand Mere Carotte, and Tante Tomato. They will soon be joined by Monsieur Brocoli.
This nutritious bunch would have not come into being without the generous contributions of these fellow bloggers who shared their patterns.
The pea-pod triplets are based on a pattern by Yarrn.
Grand Mere Carotte is part of a collection of Easter themed patterns by Midnight Knitter.
Madame Aubergine's pattern was provided by Lion Brand a long time supporter of our team.
I more or less made up the tomato on the fly. It's a basic amigurumi ball
For the Fruit
- Chain 2
- 6 sc in first ch.
- 2 sc in each stitch - 12 st
- *sc, 2 sc in next stitch* repeat - 18 st
- *sc, sc, 2 sc in next stitch* repeat - 24 st
- *sc, sc, sc, 2sc in next stitch* repeat - 30 st
- Crochet 3 rounds of sc in each stitch
- *sc 2 together, sc, sc, sc* repeat - 24
- *sc 2 together sc, sc* repeat - 18
- *sc 2 together sc, s* repeat 12 (at this point you probably want to start stuffing the tomato before the opening gets too small)
- *sc 2 together* repeat 6
- Sew up the top
- Chain 2
- 5 sc in first stitch
- Crochet 2 rounds of sc
- 2 sc in each stitch - 10 stitches
- *sc, 2 sc in next stitch* repeat - 15 stitches
- *sl, chain 8, sc in 7th chain and work a total of 6 sc back down the chain, sl, sl* 5 times.