Hope you have a spooktacular day!
After the day of fun and festivities is over, what do you do with the leftover decorations? Besides throwing them away or reusing them again next year, is there anything else you can do?
Well….here are 5 ways to inspire you to recycle your Halloween décor.
1. Repurpose those cheap plastic pumpkins into pretty planters. For inspiration and the “how-to”, check out these sites: EclecticallyVinatage.com, ConfessionsOfAPlateAddict.com, DollarStoreCrafts.com
|Image source: Electically Vintage|
2. Give your Halloween candles and luminaries a new life after the fun is over by reusing them in craft projects, holiday centerpieces of as a light source during a power outage.
|Image source: Fanpop.com|
3. Those thin flimsy Halloween tablecloths ideally meant for one-time-use are perfect reused as a drop cloth for your next DIY or paint project.
|Image source: GhoulGallery.com|
4. Donate dead string lights to Christmas Lights Recycling Program. The site collects unwanted lights and gives you a 10% discount towards energy efficient alternatives at ChristmasLightSource.com. After you mail in your lights, you’ll receive your discount coupon through email. And don’t let the name fool you, they accept lights of all colors from orange to purple!
|Image source: CampusCompanion.com|
5. Transform life-size ghouls, black cats or other paper hangings into festive paper flowers! All you need is paper, glue, scissors, stem wire and floral tape. Here are a few sites that detail the steps: Stained Glass Style, Simple Paper Flowers, A Beautiful Mess.
|Image source: AllExpress.com|
by: Rekha Krishnamurthi
ETSY Shop: DivineNYCo