Decorating with prints and patterns is a great way to bring color and style to any room. But with the vast number of choices in prints out there, it can be a daunting task to figure out how to mix them in an artistic and cohesive way without being overpowering.
Here are some of my tips on mixing prints in your home:
- Pick a color theme and find prints within that color family.
3. Mix ethnic inspired prints with modern ones.
4. Keep furniture and wall color in neutral shades to act as a canvas.
5. Don’t go crazy with too many patterns – limit yourself to two maybe three patterns in a room.
6. Look for other opportunities to inject pattern in your decor like lampshades or chairs.
by: Rekha Krishnamurthi
ETSY Shop: DivineNYCo