September 4, 2012

Etsy Craft Party in Brooklyn Bridge Park


On August 25th I attended the New York meetup for the annual Etsy Craft Party.  It was my first time going to a craft party and I really had a great time! I love the idea of having a dedicated day to bring everyone together to spend some time crafting.

Me, waiting in line

Food trucks

Once we entered the actual craft party, there were three different items you could make- hand-stenciled cotton towels, decorated glass bottles, and mixed media collage postcards. There were long tables filled with craft supplies and you basically had to plop down wherever you found an open spot. My friends and I decided to make the collage postcards and when we started working we got really quiet- we were in the crafting zone!


Working on our postcards

The final products

After a fun time at the Etsy Craft Party, we all had our first experience riding on the ferry from Brooklyn Bridge Park to the tip of Manhattan. It was such a beautiful evening and being on the water with the city lights ahead of us really made me fall in love with New York all over again.


I had a great time at this year's Etsy Craft Party and I hope that next year I'll be able to host my own get-together!

Tell me: Did you attend an Etsy Craft Party this year?


By Nnenna of star-crossed smile

No comments: