December 6, 2012

Holiday Gifts on a Budget



Washington is buzzing with talk about the "fiscal cliff." I am not quite sure what that all means for me, but I do know that I have considerably less money in my bank account compared to ten years ago.

I like giving gifts for the holidays, especially unique, handmade items. Unfortunately, some people in my family, and even some friends do not really appreciate how special handmade can truly be.

I have witnessed friends making lists of all the things they plan to return, and what they plan to get instead....not really embracing the true spirit of gift-giving.

For that reason, I am a fan of giving a bunch of "little" gifts. And by that I mean gifts around $10. I usually pick out 4-5 "little" gifts for each person, hoping that they will like at least a couple of the items. I hate to think of myself plunking down a considerable amount of money for one big gift, that the person may not like.

I often turn to etsy to find those special little items, that cannot be found in target, wal-mart, and other big department stores. Here are some awesome picks from members of the Etsy NY team:

Wish By Felicity


Deborah Julian


Pinot By Lyn


Koto Designs


I hope I have given you a few ideas for some gifts this year, and remember, whatever gifts you may receive this year...be thankful! Until next time, happy crafting (and/or shopping!)


Nordea
nordeasoaperie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want all of these items! Thanks for the gift ideas!
Annie