March 23, 2008

The {New New} Paper Goods Shops

For more Accessories from the Metro New York area - search: newnewteam, paper on Etsy

Alton Weekes - Alton Weekes is a lifestyle design studio that specializes in hand-crafted stationery products(greeting cards, invitations, announcements, notes and all things paper). Our products are carried by specialty shops and museum gift stores.

Aperture Agog - Even after 9 years in NYC it is a city I'm excited to wake up in every day. I photograph small moments of life in NYC that I love to share with you. All photographs are printed on premium quality, acid free, archival paper. I hope the moments I grab the world are ones you enjoy too.

Bluestitch Books - I have been making books for over ten years. I love typography. If i can can make a book that somehow incorporates type, I am a happy girl. I started printing notecards inspired by vintage appliances and patterns.

In Stitches - "In Stitches" was born literally overnight, after visiting a craft fair. I always enjoyed collage work and combining it with stitching was actually quite spontaneous. I consider my cards small pieces of art. Each and every one of them starts with nothing particular in mind and ends up taking a witty personality if its own. Even though these pieces are designed as postcards and bookmarks, their actual use is left up to its owner. They can be gifted, given as valentines or greeting cards to that special someone, collected and framed individually or as part of a series.

Designs by Aliza - love to make beautiful things. Especially out of paper. I create scrapbooks to tell life stories, record memories, and just to hold on to the sensory experience of photographs on paper. I also create note cards, with custom cards available by request. I am constantly looking how to enhance more everyday items with paper and glue.

Fisk & Fern - I'm Laura Fisk and am an illustrator and printmaker working in brooklyn, ny who got the printing bug early working at a stamp store in high school. The first time I carved a stamp I was hooked on the idea of taking an image from my head and being able to print it on almost anything. Piles of carved stamps spun into exploring every type of printmaking I could, and am still exploring. The bright colors in screenprinting allow me to bring my weird little creatures and monsters to life.

Gramkin Paper Studio - Gramkin Paper Studio is the place for modern personalized stationery and invitations. That includes our popular GLIB GREETINGS and COURTESY CARD line of paper goods

Little Bunny - I have been making books for over ten years. I love typography. If i can can make a book that somehow incorporates type, I am a happy girl. I started printing notecards inspired by vintage appliances and patterns.


PriaVanda - Using satin ribbons and a unique technique to basket weave her handcrafted products, designer PriaVanda has found the perfect medium to create the structures for her line.

“I began weaving ribbons through plain bamboo mats to dress them up and was suddenly inspired to add this touch to everyday items. I was drawn to stationery because I cannot live without my day planner and that was the first product I created. The line grew from there’, notes PriaVanda.

No comments: