May 8, 2008

Dual Purpose: Flower Containers


As with any traditional wedding, I wanted flowers at my reception. I looked high and low for the perfect vase that was both affordable and would fit my garden theme. I found nothing. Then I had an epiphany: I didn't need to limit myself to actual vases. Lots of different containers work for flowers, so why not cups?

I'm a huge fan of Japanese stoneware so I knew I was on to something. The latte brown cups are very earthy looking and not perfectly round, which made them the perfect containers for my garden flowers.

As seen at my reception:


At home:

These "vases" have become my everyday cups. I use them for dinner parties and to drink the recommended 6-8 cups of water every day.

None of my wedding guests knew that these were cups, which makes for an amusing scene when they're at my house and I start drinking out of what they assumed was a vase!



I hope this inspires you to look around your house or places you normally wouldn't think of for your wedding. Not only do you end up saving money, but you'll be helping Mother Earth too.

- wai sze, waisze designs


No comments: